If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A traditional recipe from the western coast of India, this quick stir fry makes for an excellent side to rice dishes. —Saee Khandekar
- 2 cups Tender cashew nuts (or dried cashews soaked in hot water for two hours)
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pinch asafetida
- 1/8 teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly greated coconut
- Handful chopped cilantro
- Heat the ghee on medium heat in a wok or pan. Add the cumin and green chilies and saute momentarily until fragrant. Add the asafetida and immediately tip in the tender cashews.
- Toss lightly (try not to use a spoon–the cashews are very tender and brittle) and add the salt and cumin seed powder. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add sugar, coconut, and coriander and toss one final time. Remove and serve hot!