Author Notes: Stovetop
May use half of a large lime instead of 1 small lime. —Melissa Bossler
pound Large Shrimp, peeled & deveined
cup Olive Oil
(Juice of) Small Lime -- or 1/2 Large Lime (2-3 T)
(Zest of) Small Lime -- or 1/2 Large Lime (2-3 T)
Cloves Garlic, smashed
teaspoon Kosher Salt
teaspoon Black Pepper
teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
In This Recipe
- Utensils: Large Ziploc Bag, Large Spoon, Large Skillet, Spoon or Spatula, Tablespoon, Teaspoon
- In a large ziploc bag, combine all the marinade ingredients.
- When everything is well-combined, add the shrimp, squeeze as much air as possible out of the bag, and close it up.
- Place bag of shrimp it in the fridge.
- Let the shrimp marinate for 30-60 minutes, flipping the bag around once or twice during that time, so that all the shrimp stay evenly covered in the marinade.
- When you’re ready to cook, take the shrimp out of the fridge and let them sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; there is no need to add any oil or butter to the pan, as the marinade has enough oil in it to keep the shrimp from sticking to the pan. (If you would prefer to use the grill for these, you can thread them onto skewers and toss them on the grill at this point.)
- Add your shrimp to the pan in a single layer, making sure they are not too crowded; you can always cook them in more than one batch.
- Let them cook on one side for about a minute, until they curl up and start to turn pink. Flip them over, and cook for another 30 seconds or so, until the shrimp are opaque. Remove from the pan, and serve immediately!