If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is from: http://laurassweetspot.com/2013/06/12/crockpot-brown-sugar-balsamic-glazed-pork-tenderloin/. —Melissa Bossler
Food52 Review: For a deeper dive into the origin of this recipe, check out: https://food52.com/blog/15943-the-brown-sugar-balsamic-glazed-pork-loin-that-pinterest-loved —The Editors
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Mix together the seasonings : sage, salt, pepper and garlic, and rub over the tenderloin.
- Place 1/2 cup water in slow cooker, followed by the tenderloin, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- 1 hour before the roast is finished, mix together the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan : brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, water, and soy sauce.
- Heat over medium and stir until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. (For a more caramelized crust, remove from crock pot and place on aluminum lined sheet pan, glaze, and set under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, until bubbly and caramelized. Repeat 2 to 3 more times until desired crust is achieved.)
- Serve with remaining glaze on the side.