If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love spring/summer for all the fresh fruits we get to eat! I saw these beautiful apricots at Whole Foods and grabbed a few hoping to make a chutney. I was planning a dinner party with some friends so I figured I’d kill two birds with one stone, I put together a cheese platter just so I could use my new cheese board I got as a birthday gift last year and I made apricot jam instead of chutney to go with the cheese. —themessimake.com
Serves a crowd
- 9 apricots - peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon grated ginger (optional)
- In a heavy bottom pan, mix all the ingredients on medium heat.
- Once it starts simmering, turn down the heat to bring it to a low simmer.
- Stir frequently and cook until the apricots are soft and the mixture starts looking and feeling like jam..this can take about 30-45 minutes. I wanted a smooth texture so I used a potato masher to break down the apricot chunks.
- Let it cool and store in a class jar. This should be good for several days. I don’t have the special canning jars but if you do, feel free to use those and the jam will last for a longer time.