If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The more the flavors meld together, the more this salad shines. Tangy greens, thin slices of cool beets and the crunch of pumpkin seeds, with smears of goat cheese spread throughout, is the kind of combination to savor. —Shanna Mallon
Serves 3 to 4
- 8 ounces lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 large beet, roasted and sliced as thinly as possible
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine chopped lettuce, sliced beet, pumpkin seeds and goat cheese in a large bowl.
- Combine green onion, lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper in a food processor or Vitamix; while blending, slowly drizzle in olive oil until the mixture emulsifies and becomes the consistency of a vinaigrette. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle dressing on lettuce bowl; toss; taste and add more dressing until the salad tastes the way you want it. We used about half the dressing (and are saving the rest in the fridge for later).