pounds pitted ripe cherries
grams coconut flakes
cup coconut sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
grams sweet rice flour
grams almond flour
grams (1 US stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Preparing to bake: Heat the oven to 375° F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- Preparing the filling: Put the cherries, coconut flakes, 1/4 cup of the coconut sugar, and lemon zest in a large bowl. Toss them together and let them sit, mingling, for 15 minutes while you prepare the topping.
- Making the topping: Combine the sweet rice flour, almond flour, salt, cinnamon, and the remaining coconut sugar. Quickly, work the butter into the topping, until the cubes are about the size of lima beans.
- Baking the crisp: Put the cherry filling into the pie pan. Pat the topping onto the cherry filling. Slide the pie pan into the oven. Bake until the topping is browned and the cherry juices are bubbling in the pan, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the crisp from the oven and allow it to cool until it's warm but not volcanic.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!