Author Notes: This has become one of my favorite condiments, both for the intense tomato punch and the ease of preparation. They're amazing spooned over fish, grilled steaks, roasted eggplant, salads or toast. Warm, cold, however you like :) —lisina
Makes: a little less than a quart
pounds grape tomatoes, mixed in color
cup extra virgin olive oil
cup balsamic vinegar
teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, convection.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Dump cleaned tomatoes on to the sheet, drizzle with the oil, vinegar and sprinkle with the salt.
- Roast the tomatoes for 15-20 minutes, until they start to look like toasted marshmallows--browned on top and wilting.
- Remove from the oven and let sit about 10 minutes before serving, allowing the pectin in the pan juice to congeal, leaving them nice an jammy. You can also let them cool to room temperature, or refrigerate them and use them cold.
- Tomatoes will keep in the fridge for about 5 days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe