If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you have ever been part of a CSA, you know when your family screams, NO MORE KALE. I created this recipe for a too hot June day when cooking was not an option. It is such a popular dish in my house now, I made it 3 times in one weekend. Loaded with flavor, it works as a meal or an accompaniment. —Bubba Mac
Makes about 20 1 cup servings
- 2 bunches kale
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup + 4 TB olive oil
- 4 ears, fresh corn
- 2 15.5 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 6 -8 pickled jalapeño slices, minced
- 1 large bunch cilantro, stemmed and chopped
- ripe avocado
- Wash kale well, remove from stems and chop fine.
- Add lemon and lime juice to kale with 4 TB of olive oil. Massage kale and allow to macerate for several hours, stirring frequently. (The acid from the citrus "cooks" the kale and softens it.
- Remove corn from cobs and steam or microwave until just cooked.
- After Kale has time to wilt, add remaining ingredients, salt and pepper to taste. Let sit for another 30 minutes for flavors to develop. Serve with chopped avocado on top.