If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I really fancied making something with caramel and as my boyfriend’s favourite dessert is apple crumble I made this! The sound of caramel and apples together makes my mouth water and tastes amazing too!
This recipe was inspired by honestcooking.com and you can see the original recipe here: http://honestcooking.com... —Sam Jarman
packet shortcrust pastry (500g)
pieces Large cooking apples
packet canned caramel
ounces sugar (100g)
- Peel and cut the apples into large chunks.
- Mix together the sugar, cinnamon, sugar and apples. Put in a pan over a medium-low heat until the sugar begins to melt.
- Add the can of caramel to the apple mixture and mix well.
- Roll out half the shortcrust pastry for the base of the pie. Then pour over the apple mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 400f for 40 minutes, then at 375f for 20 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Buckle, Slump, Grunt, Crumble, Cobbler, Crisp, Sonker, Pandowdy, and/or Betty