If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Really didn't see much of anything when it came to cocktails. Take this recipe as a suggestion guideline to mold your own tastes instead of rules. Drinking isn't like baking, it doesn't have to be exact as long as you like it.
As for this recipe, the Syrup can be made in larger quantities and stored for up to a month. That way you don't have to go through all the trouble to make just one measly drink.
Side Note: As this is a popular drink I'm pretty sure it's been posted out there somewhere...the internet is a large place. Though I've yet to see a bartender know how to make it. —Heather May
cups Strawberries, hulled and sliced
piece 3 Inch Lemon Peel
pieces Strawberries, hulled
piece slice Lemon, cut in half
ounce Strawberry Syrup
ounce Balsamic Vinegar
ounces Bourbon, whatever brand you prefer. Keep in mind that the type of Bourbon influences the flavor. So experiment!
piece Strawberry, for Garnish
- To make the syrup, combine the strawberries, sugar, and lemon rind in a saucepan. Cover and let sit for 1 hour at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sugar has dissolved and the strawberries have released their liquid, bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring gently, until the berries are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the strawberries to a pint jar. Continue simmering the syrup until it thickens to a syrupy consistency, about 2 minutes. Discard lemon peel and pour syrup over berries. Let cool to room temperature, then store in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- To make the cocktail: muddle 4 strawberries and the lemon in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker with ice, then add the strawberry syrup, balsamic and bourbon.
- Shake vigorously. Using both the cocktail strainer and a fine mesh strainer, strain the cocktail into a glass. Garnish with a strawberry.