Author Notes: If you like sweet potato you will LOVE this soup.. Minimal ingredients and SUPER Healthy, however it taste rich, creamy & velvety. You will feel like you are indulging without an ounce of guilt. Vegan too! —Andrea Taylor
- 5 cups sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3 carrots, sliced or diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 10 oz bag, fresh spinach
- Peel and dice sweet potato, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and salt. Roast @ 425* until tender and slightly caramelized. appx 20-25 min. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, Add remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil to a pot and Sauté carrot, celery, onion and garlic until tender appx 10 min. Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil
- Take half of the cooled sweet potato and place in a blender. Add the coconut milk and blend until completely smooth. Add to pot and stir. Reduce heat to simmer. Add remaining diced roasted sweet potatoes and fresh spinach. Season to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup