Author Notes: I do not know where this came from, but my mom won us kids over with it back in the day and it has been a staple ever since! —gabsimonelouise
cups grated zucchini (from about 3/4 lb)
egg, lightly beaten
cup yogurt (any kind will do)
cup grated parmesan or Pecorino Romano
teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
teaspoons baking powder
salt and pepper, to taste
olive oil for frying
- Place grated zucchini in a colander. Lightly sprinkle with salt and let stand for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, gently press down on the zucchini to remove any excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, egg, yogurt, cheese, and cayenne. Stir to combine.
- Stir flour and baking powder together in a small bowl, then add to zucchini mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste, and combine all ingredients well.
- Pour enough olive oil into a skillet to thinly coat the bottom. Place on medium-high heat and fry the pancakes. Flip when golden brown on bottom, after about 4 minutes. Cook on the other side for another 2 minutes, or until golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Parmesan