If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I do not know where this came from, but my mom won us kids over with it back in the day and it has been a staple ever since! —gabsimonelouise
- 3 cups grated zucchini (from about 3/4 lb)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup yogurt (any kind will do)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or Pecorino Romano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil for frying
- Place grated zucchini in a colander. Lightly sprinkle with salt and let stand for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, gently press down on the zucchini to remove any excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, egg, yogurt, cheese, and cayenne. Stir to combine.
- Stir flour and baking powder together in a small bowl, then add to zucchini mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste, and combine all ingredients well.
- Pour enough olive oil into a skillet to thinly coat the bottom. Place on medium-high heat and fry the pancakes. Flip when golden brown on bottom, after about 4 minutes. Cook on the other side for another 2 minutes, or until golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Parmesan