If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An experiment sparked by an empty fridge and low budget that has become one of my favorite ways to prepare quinoa and millet. This dish tastes great warm or cold. —Abbie C
Serves 4-6 people
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water (for cooking quinoa and millet)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- pinches fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small yellow squash
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, or other oil for sauteeing squash
- Chop the zucchini into about 1cm cubes and saute in a skillet with vegetable oil until lightly browned.
- Put the millet, quinoa and water into a pot, bring to a boil, and simmer on low until all the water has absorbed.
- Mix together the pepper, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and extra virgin olive oil then pour over the cooked quinoa, and mix to distribute.
- When the grain mixture has cooled, mix in the squash, green onions and cilantro.
- This quinoa salad is tasty both warm and cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side