If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Most of the recipes I come up with are a mixture of things I have in the fridge. This salad was born last summer when I needed another side and had very little time to throw something together before I served dinner. This is best with very sweet corn. —russeaime
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 peach
- 6 basil leaves
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- walnut oil
- salt and pepper
- Shuck the corn and then remove the kernels from the ears. Place in a large bowl. Remove the skin from the peach and then dice. Add the peach to the bowl. Very thinly slice the red onion and add it to the mixture.
- Chiffonade the basil into small strips and then add to corn/peach mixture. Add the grated cheese and cayenne pepper. Add cider vinegar and enough walnut oil to lightly coat the corn and peach. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly and serve.
- Note: If the corn you have is not very sweet or a little tough, lightly steam for a few minutes. You don't want to overcook it though, as it will lose the nice crunch.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side