If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very portable salad that is great room temperature (or even a bit warmed in the sun) and it doesn't use mayo or anything that might go bad if left out of a refrigerator. It's a hit every time I make it, and can be made a few days ahead of time. This salad is also vegan if you leave out the feta cheese! —RellaBellaK
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Dressing & Mix-Ins
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (NOT the kind packed in oil)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Toss cubed sweet potatoes and onion with olive oil, spread on a baking sheet, and roast for 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Cool completely.
- Mix together lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Place sweet potatoes and onions, scallions, and sun-dried tomatoes in your portable container and pour dressing over top. Cover container and shake to coat. Top with feta cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side