If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's called mom's 'cause I gave her the recipe in about 2 minutes on the phone for her to take to a block party. She got the date wrong and missed the party but, I have made this a staple for many moons (veggies love it) Simple, travels well. Sort of like a simple black dress that you can haul out anytime.
- 2 packets chilled cheese torlinni
- 1 packet fozen peas
- 1 pint pesto sauce or whatever is fresh herbwise
- 1 handful pine nuts
- 1 handful sundried tomtoes packed in oil
- 1 handful parmesean or romano cheese
- cook pasta to the directions on the packet. Drain and leave to cool. toss the jarred pesto sauce (or make your own) with the pasta. dd frozen green peas. Toss gain. Add the sundried tomatoes and Toss. pour 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar with whatever fresh herbs you might have. Going for basil here but others work too. Guess what? Toss Put the whole thing in the fridge and chill for several hours. Serve with shaved parmesean on top. This travels well and you don't get "oh, another salami sandwich"