If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a perfect summer recipe to make straight from the garden with a little help from the pantry. It's uses up that zucchini and overgrown basil and mountains of mint in a snap. Easy, portable and delicious. —olive
- 6 smallish zucchini
- a few handfuls fresh picked basil and mint
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Blitz a few good handfuls of basil and mint in a processor with 2 cloves garlic, salt and freshly ground black pepper, a handful of toasted almonds. When thoroughly pulverized with lid on and motor running drizzle in extra virgin olive oil until combined. Remove from bowl and fold in Parmigiano Reggiano and set aside.
- Sear zucchini rounds in hot olive oil, turning once until just browned on both sides, seasoning with salt. Remove to a plate and toss with pesto, topping with rest of toasted almonds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side