If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friend Maili is a chef and I love her recipe for Lentils with Chimichurri Sauce which is a little addictive, taking boring lentils to a new place with a bit of spice. One day I was too lazy to make hers but I felt like lentils so I threw together my version of the recipe using hot sauce and parsley instead of the chimichurri sauce and I added arrugula. I also use shrimp instead of tofu when I am not transporting it. It is so easy, so delicious, and yes, still addictive so you have been warned. —Cynthia
tablespoons olive oil
cup chopped onions
cups Trader Joe's packaged black lentils or 2 cups cooked lentils
cup finely chopped italian parsley
cup fresh arugula or spinach
tablespoons Frank's original hot sauce or similar hot sauce
packet firm tofu, cubed OR 15 medium cooked shrimp
- Heat oil in large pan and saute onions until soft. (About 10 minutes.)
- Stir in lentils, parsley, arugula and salt.
- Stir in hot sauce until completely combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in tofu or shrimp.
- Let sit 15 minutes then stir again and spoon into serving dish or portable container.
- Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side