If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Most cherry dressings are full of processed syrups or concentrates: not this one! Use it to top a punchy arugula salad with goat cheese and fresh peaches. —meatified
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cherries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons mild flavored olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender, combine the cherries and water until liquefied. Strain the cherries using a fine meshed strainer to remove the cherry pulp and keep the cherry juices in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; whisk to emulsify.
For the salad:
- 6 cups arugula leaves
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced finely
- 4 shots fine slices of red onion
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
- Divide the arugula between four plates. Top with finely sliced red onion and peach slices.
- Sprinkle the crumbled goats cheese on top of the salads and drizzle liberally with cherry dressing.
- Garnish with sliced basil leaves and serve.