If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This quick and simple tomato soup is healthy, jam-packed with flavor, and super easy to make. —ericgillin
Makes a lot of soup!
- 4 pounds mixed tomatoes, like cherry, plum, and heirloom
- 2 large onions, sliced into 1/2 inch rings
- 1 head of garlic, cloves peeled
- 20 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch red pepper flake
- olive oil
- dashes liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup basil, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix tomatoes, onions, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes together with some olive oil and spread out on a cookie sheet. Roast for 30 minutes. Tomatoes should be blistered and juicy. Onions should be brown. If garlic is burned, discard burned cloves.