Author Notes: Little bites of heaven. Peaches and basil are the big things in season at the farmers market right now so why not pair them for a wonderful protein filled breakfast or desert! —Super Fun Food Adventures
Makes 10 pancakes
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 Banana
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1/4 cup Sliced Fresh Basil
- 1-2 Ripe Peaches
- 6 Pasture Raised Eggs
- Olive Oil or Lard For Frying
- Take your banana and mash it till smooth. I find that a frozen banana smooths out easily with just a fork. (I keep the banana frozen in it’s skin and when I am ready to use it I peel the skin off with my knife.)
- Once smooth, drop in the basil and ginger followed by the 6 eggs and incorporate till smooth.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour and flax and blend again till smooth.
- Slice the peach to your preferred size and gently fold into the batter.
- Heat your oil of choice in a skillet and fry till golden brown and gently firm.
- Top with thinly sliced fresh basil and a tad of maple or honey syrup.