If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chicken Nuggets - making them at home is so much better than snagging them through the drive thru! —mtlabor
Makes 25-30 nuggets
- vegetable oil for frying
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips or "nuggets"
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread out your panko and your flour on two separate plates. Set the eggs aside in a small bowl. This is going to work like a conveyor belt and you're just gonna go from one station to the next.
- Dredge your chicken pieces in flour, dip in the egg mixture, then coat with the panko. Easy as 1, 2, 3. Right? Right.
- Heat up your oil in a large saute pan. You want maybe about 1/2 inch of oil in the pan, enough to cover about half of the nugget. Depending on the size of your pieces, you may want to cook a little bit more or longer, but place about 10 nuggets in the pan at a time and mine were perfect with 3 minutes per side.
- Can keep warm in the oven at 200F or can serve right away. I served mine on a platter while we watched the football game and had 4 different dipping sauces on the plate: barbecue sauce, ketchup, Frank's hot sauce, and some sweet chili sauce. Andy said if you dipped the nugget in the hot sauce, then the sweet chili sauce, it made for an awesome combination.