If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Guacamole re-incarnated as a salad. Creamy avocado hand-"smashed" into hearty kale leaves, topped with onion, cilantro and fresh-squeezed lime. Even the kale averse will crave this one. —Maria
- 1 bunch curly green kale, stems removed, torn into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- salt, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice (appx. 1/2 lime)
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower or pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Place kale into large bowl.
- Top with red onion, avocado, cilantro, salt and red pepper flakes. Squeeze the lime juice in, as well.
- The fun part: Use your hands to squeeze, squash, and "smash" all of the ingredients together, for at least 1 minute. This manual action helps break down the kale fibers, and can't be achieved using utensils. The avocado will disappear into a creamy dressing coating the kale. You know it's ready when the kale shrinks in volume and gets darker in color.
- Wash hands.
- If desired, top salad with seeds for an added crunch before serving.