If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Some like it hot (by which I mean "spicey") when the tomatoes are reddest and summer heat is on. This soup is adapted from the Gazpacho recipe in The Silver Palate Cookbook. —PrairieMice
Makes 10 bowls.
- 6 Very ripe tomatoes (seconds from the farmers' market work great)
- 2 Large red sweet peppers
- 1 Large red onion
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1.5 cups spicey V-8 Juice or similar juice
- pinches Cayenne
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (Optional).
- Stem and coursely chop tomatoes.
- Stem, seed, and coursely chop peppers.
- Peel and rough chop red onion.
- Peel, seed and rough chop cucumbers.
- Roughtly process all vegetables in food processor.
- Add liquids to solids in food processors (may require two batches) and process to desired consistency.
- Chill at leat 4 hours. A dollp of yogurt or sour cream can be nice
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe