Author Notes: Only make this at the height of tomato season! It's great over pasta or grilled bread. —karenlynch
Serves: 4 generously
pounds tomatoes, seeded, chopped to 1"
tablespoons minced garlic
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
cup basil, chopped
tablespoons minced, fresh flat leaf parsley
cup extra virgin olive oil
ground pepper to taste
teaspoon coarse salt
In This Recipe
- Combine all ingredients except salt in a non reactive bowl.
- Stir well to blend and let sit at room temp for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add salt
- Serve over pasta or grilled bread
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe