If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Only make this at the height of tomato season! It's great over pasta or grilled bread. —karenlynch
Serves 4 generously
- 3 pounds tomatoes, seeded, chopped to 1"
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced, fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Combine all ingredients except salt in a non reactive bowl.
- Stir well to blend and let sit at room temp for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add salt
- Serve over pasta or grilled bread
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe