Author Notes: This is a favorite in our household and of our guests. It's the first dish I make as soon as the Sungolds in our garden are ripe each summer. —Around the Block
Makes: 4 pizzas
recipe of Bobby Flay's flatbread, or any good pizza dough
pounds fresh mozzarella, sliced
basil pesto--enough to cover 4 pizzas
dozens of Sungold tomatoes
- Make the flatbread according to the directions.
- Assemble all of your ingredients, and be ready to add each quickly once you start grilling the pizza.
- Put pizza dough on hot grill, turn once the underside starts to char.
- Flip and spread the top with basil pesto to completely cover. Add slices of mozzarella around the pizza, nicely spaced. Cook until the bottom chars or the cheese is melted.
- Take the pizza off the grill. Scatter halved Sungolds all over the pizza.
- Repeat with each ball of pizza dough.
- Cut and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe