If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a favorite in our household and of our guests. It's the first dish I make as soon as the Sungolds in our garden are ripe each summer. —Around the Block
Makes: 4 pizzas
recipe of Bobby Flay's flatbread, or any good pizza dough
pounds fresh mozzarella, sliced
basil pesto--enough to cover 4 pizzas
dozens of Sungold tomatoes
- Make the flatbread according to the directions.
- Assemble all of your ingredients, and be ready to add each quickly once you start grilling the pizza.
- Put pizza dough on hot grill, turn once the underside starts to char.
- Flip and spread the top with basil pesto to completely cover. Add slices of mozzarella around the pizza, nicely spaced. Cook until the bottom chars or the cheese is melted.
- Take the pizza off the grill. Scatter halved Sungolds all over the pizza.
- Repeat with each ball of pizza dough.
- Cut and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe