Author Notes: I was looking for a light, and bright tasting salad to go with pulled pork sandwiches and beans. Finally I combined the best of a few recipes with corn, tomatoes and avocado. I added lime and rice vinegar to a simple vinegrette and I decided to roast the corn to bring out its sweetness.
Simple, different and delicious! —Ceecee Lee
avocados, chopped or use melon baller
cups cherry tomatoes, halved or grape tomatoes, whole
cobs of corn, grilled and corn niblets cut off
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
cup cilantro, chopped
cup parsley, chopped
pinches salt pepper
- How to grill corn: Husk the corn and place directly on grill over medium heat. Turn often (every minute or so) until some niblets are slightly blackened and corn is heated through.
- Set aside 1/4 of chopped avocado.
- Mix corn niblets, tomatoes and remaining avocado in large bowl.
- Dressing: In small bowl mash avocado that was set aside.
- In another small bowl,whisk lime juice and add the oil and vinegar.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the mashed avocado and dressing until creamy and smooth.
- Dress salad and sprinkle cilantro and parsley.