Author Notes: We used to make these for every summer birthday. They are so easy, so flavorful, and so pleasing to the buds... Another good one from "Gone in 60 seconds" series... —Eat Already!
Makes: 3 dozen
pint cherry tomatoes, ripe and uniform, but not too soft
pound farmer cheese, dry curd cottage cheese or plain soft goat cheese
tablespoons melted unsalted butter
cloves garlic, minced
salt to taste
tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, dill, parsley
- With a sharp knife, cut off the cap of each tomato - about 1/4 inch.
- Using small knife, melon baller or a teaspoon, scoop out the seeds.
- Combine cheese, melted butter, minced garlic, herbs and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Using a teaspoon, fill the scooped tomatoes with cheese stuffing, slightly topping them off.
- Arrange stuffed tomatoes on a leaf of lettuce. To decorate for the party, you can pierce each tomato with a pick and slide a black pitted olive on top of it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe