If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love tomatoes...when I was a kid my favorite "back from school" snack was to bite into a salted tomato as if there was no tomorrow! But again,I used to eat raw hamburguer meat from the fridge...so,what do I know?Well,those are the two main ingredients to my favorite soup.Enjoy! —mensaque
Serves 8 polite people,4 hungry ones.
- 24 red tomatoes,not too big,and meat broth to cook them in
- Olive oil
- 1 chopped chunky slice of bacon
- 1 head of garlic and 2 big onions
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 pound hamburguer meat
- Salt and black pepper
- lots of oregano,paprika,cumin,coriender seeds powder,all spice,yellow curry powder,rosemary...
- 2 splashes of red wine vinegar and 2 tbs of sugar
- 2 splashes of worcestershire sauce
- some tomato paste(for color)
- Pierce the tomatoes with a fork or chopp them before cooking in the meat broth for 20 min.(I don't peal or pit them,but if you must...go ahead!)
- In another pot,use some olive oil to help the bacon release it's fat and sautée the minced garlic,chopped onions,chopped green pepper and hamburguer meat.Once you add the meat,keep stirring so it becomes loose and then you can add the salt,black pepper and other dried spices and herbs along some more olive oil if necessary.
- Blend tomatoes and broth.Add them to the meat pot and bring it to a boil,also adding the sugar,vinegar,worcestershire,and tomato paste (if you do not find your tomatoes are red enough).Correct salt,pepper and spices if necessary.
- Finally,serve it with finely chopped parsley,grated parmesan cheese and olive oil,and a slice of buttered italian bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe