If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When it's august and heirloom tomatoes and peaches are at their peak, serve this refreshing side with any grilled meat or on its own. Crumbled goat cheese would be a great addition. —Hallie Meyer
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, such as brandywine, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, such as black cherry, sungolds, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup basil, torn
- 4 ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons good sea salt
- handful chopped flat leaf parsley
- handful chopped chives
- drizzle good quality balsamic vinegar
- Slice large tomatoes, and arrange on a large serving platter. Season with part of the sea salt.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half, and toss in a bowl with 1 tsp of sea salt, half of the olive oil, chives, and black pepper. Let stand while you slice the peaches.
- Slice peaches thinly. Spoon cherry tomatoes and their juices over the base of large tomatoes. Toss peach slices in same bowl with a drizzle of good balsamic vinegar, remainder of salt, black pepper, olive oil, and parsley. Spoon mixture over the tomatoes on the platter, top with torn basil, and onion flowers (totally optional, they just add a nice savory flavor if you have some overgrown onion plants!)