Author Notes: These tasty bites are ideal as a tasty snack and can also be served as a pre dinner appetiser or as part of a canapé selection —CLIP Creative and PR
Serves: 4 people
cups Puff Pastry
Plain flour for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Grease an oven proof baking tray.
- Cut the chorizo in to thin rectangular sticks ½ inch wide and 3 inches long.
- On a clean surface scatter some plain flour and roll out the puff pastry until it is an inch thick.
- Then cut the pastry in to long thin strips about a half an inch wide and 9 inches long.
- The next bit is a bit fiddly using one pastry strip wrap it around the chorizo a bit like a twister until the chorizo is fully covered with the pastry, if the pastry is bit short it doesn't matter too much.
- Refrigerate the chorizo and puff pastry bites for roughly 10-20 minutes.
- Once they have been refrigerated place the bites on to the baking tray making sure they are not over crowded.
- Then use a pastry brush and paste the bites with egg wash.
- Cook the pastry bites in the oven for abut 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- Transfer them to wire rack until completely cooled.
- Recipe by CLIP Creative and PR