If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With an abundance of summer tomatoes and room on my grill, i found a great combination of ingredients that cooked in less than ten minutes —Sallye
- 4 Ripe tomatoes
- 8 pieces Prosciutto thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Freshly grated parmasean cheese
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 sprigs Fresh basil
- Freshly ground black pepoer
- Core tomatoes and slice horizontally in half. You will have 8 halves.
- Brush tomatoes with olive oil on both sides.
- Place tomatoes cut side down on a hot grill for 3-4 minutes until slightly soft and brown. Turn over.
- Sprinkle parmasean evenly on all 8 halves and put one lice of prosciutto, folded in half, on each half. Cover grill and cook for 3-4 mintes.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe