If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite ways to eat pasta. Al dente farfalle with broccoli, lots of garlic, and a couple more ingredients. Great simple weeknight dinner —jack112
- 1/2 pound dried farfalle pasta
- 1 head broccoli, tops cut off and chopped, stems sliced
- 1 head garlic, sliced
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper
- 1 Roma tomato, blanched, quartered and seeded
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano, plus extra
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Steam broccoli in a bowl over a pan of simmering water until soft, about 10-15 minutes. Add oil to a large pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and sauté until garlic is soft.
- Add tomato to garlic and crush to release the juices, about 3 minutes. Add broccoli, wine, and Pecorino. Mash broccoli and stir to combine. Place cover over pot and cook for 10 minutes, until broccoli is soft.
- Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water. When pasta is done, add it to the pan and toss to combine. Serve warm with Pecorino Romano.