If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was born and raised in Republic of Georgia. Cooking has been a passion for me. It began with my mother, an amazing cook; an angel in the kitchen. As a child I was fascinated watching her create mouthwatering dishes from ordinary ingredients.
"Chanaxi" is a festive summer dish my mother makes and I make for my family when tomatoes and eggplants are in season. I am sharing this dish because it provokes childhood memories and is delicious and easy to make.
"Chanaxi " can also be created as vegetarian dish.
BON APPETIT! —Maia
- 3 potatoes medium size
- 3 eggplants medium size
- 5 tomatoes medium size
- 3 onions medium size
- 5 crushed cloves of garlic
- 2 bell peppers medium size
- salt/pepper teaspoons accordin your taste
- bunch handfuls parsley, tarragon, cilantro, oregano, thyme.
- 1 tablespoon corrienda grinded
- 2 pounds beef ground or cubed
- Season beef ground or cubed with salt/pepper, garlic, corrienda , set aside.
- Slice the tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, onions, bell peppers into round thin shapes.
- Cut up the herbs.
- The fun part is to build all these ingredients together. I would recommend clay pot containers and also Le Creuset Mini Cocotte. Rub butter and olive oil the containers first layer would be potatoes, next eggplants, seasoned beef, onions, tomatoes, herbs pressed down lightly, sprinkle the top with little salt. Cover with lead or tinfoil and place into preheated oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook about one hour.