If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The key to making the cakes not fall apart is to shape them into balls and stick them in the fridge for a bit. Don't skip that part, trust me! We like these served with some crisp fresh greens, lightly dressed with lemon and extra-virgin olive oil. —sumradagnoth
- 1/2 cup scallion, sliced
- 1/4 cup italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 splash freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from canned chipotles
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup best quality mayonnaise
Lobster and Crab Cakes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- old bay seasoning, to taste
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs, plus more for dredging
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- 1/2 pound lobster tail meat, cooked and chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- dried thyme
- extra-virgin olive oil, for frying
- Make the remoulade: Combine all except mayo in food processor and blend until smooth then add 1/2 cup mayonnaise and process until blended.
- Make the cakes: Combine everything in a mixing bowl except the crab meat, lobster, and panko. Taste the mixture for seasoning. Gently fold in crabmeat and lobster, careful not to break up crabmeat too much. Fold in panko, adding enough so that the mixture is not too tight. Shape into balls and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Combine panko and dried thyme (thyme should appear sparingly through mixture) in a bowl. Form patties from the balls, dredge both sides in panko mixture (cakes should be relatively tight at this point) and saute on both sides til golden brown. Serve with chipotle remoulade.