If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an unusual recipe that calls for eggs and requires the soup be cooked before it is chilled. It is the best gazpacho I have ever had and when guests eat it, they always ask for the recipe. —Layne Gregory
- 1 small onion,chopped
- 1 large cucumber peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup V8 juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill, or 1 tbsp. fresh
- 2 tablespoons mayomaise
- Puree all ingredients in batches in a blender, or with an emersion blender (not a food processor) except for the mayo. Put everything in a pot and heat VERY slowly, stirring frequently with a whisk. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 1 minute. Take off the heat and stir occasionally as it cools. Add the mayo and puree in a blender. Chill and serve.