If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I realize that this recipe calls for CANNED beans and my mother would not approve but this dish is great for a busy cook who wants something that is quick, healthy and delicious! you can always make it with dried beans but part of the allure of this dish is that is so quick. Great with rice and yogurt! —Goldilocks
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 can of lentils
- 1 can of Red Kidney beans
- olive oil to cover pan
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- four shakes of asafoetida powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1- 14 oz can of diced tomato or two fresh tomatoes
- 1 fresh chili(optional)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup of cream
- Preparation: In a large skillet heat oil add garlic, sliced onions saute until soft. Add spices heat all the way through, then add drained beans, then tomatoes reduce heat cook until thick and reduced about 15 minutes. Add cream, season. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Beans