If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had something like this at Lupa in New York. It was so fantastic I had to recreate it at home. I hope this recipe does it justice. —sumradagnoth
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, roughly chopped
- 1 small handful celery leaves
- 1 medium apple, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces guanciale, cut into lardon
- salt, to taste
- a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped italian parsley
- In a small sauce pot, render the guanciale over low heat.
- Combine greens, celery and apple in a large bowl. Season with salt, and add lemon juice and oil. Toss and distribute onto plates.
- Add black pepper and parsley to the pot with the guanciale. Immediately bring the pot to the table and spoon the guanciale and fat over each plate, and serve.