If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Halwa is very popular old Delhi Indian breakfast, a type of dessert made from various kinds of fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts and lentils. The ingredients in Halwa are usually cooked on slow fire with clarified butter or Ghee till light brown. Halwas have the consistency of a very thick pudding, to make it thick pudding, sugar, milk & nuts are added to this later on.
Easy to make and so delicious, Semolina Halwa is a personal family favorite. Here I created this recipe of PINEAPPLE HALWA with little twists to make it tastier. This delicious dish can be served as a snack or after meal.
- 1 cup Semolina1
- 1 tablespoon Gram Flour
- 1 tablespoon Almond Powder
- 1 cup Ghee or Clarified butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 5 pieces Tinned Pineapple ( 2 for Garnishing)
- 12 pieces Raisins
- 12 pieces Almonds, sliced
- 12 pieces Pistachio nuts, sliced
- 3 cups Water
- 1 cup Pineapple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 1- Heat ghee or Clarified butter in a pan, add semolina and cook stirring continuously. Add Gram flour & almond powder and stirring till it turns golden brown.
- 2- Boil water, sugar, raisins in a separate pan. Add Pineapple syrup, saffron and cardamom powder and boil.Keep aside.
- 3. Add nuts in the roasted semolina and mix. Add pineapple and further cook for two to three minutes.
- 4. Add boiled water and mix and cover and cook on medium heat for three minutes
- 5. Keep stirring tills all the moisture evaporates and semolina is cooked completely. Garnish with almonds and serve hot on the slice of pineapple.