If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: a palatable memory to keep, a joyful celebration of summertime on your plate. —Dora Domingos
- 5 free-range eggs
- 1 medium/large spring onion, thinly sliced *
- 1 large yellow courgette or 2 small ones, grated *
- 5 large squash blossoms, stamens removed
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly grated
- 30 g mature cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon truffled olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint *
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel *
- black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- preheat on your oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- grate the courgette, place it in a bowl and add the dried mint and spring onion. season with fleur de sel and black pepper and toss to combine. allow to rest for 5 minutes and use your hands to squeeze out the excess of liquid from the courgette mix. put it in a stove-to-oven skillet [preferably a cast iron one] with 2 tb of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat and sauté for a few minutes, until reduced in volume.
- in a separate bowl whisk the eggs with cayenne pepper, garlic, cheddar cheese, truffled oil and what's left of the fleur de sel.
- pour the egg mixture into the skillet over the courgette and stir gently. remove from heat with part of the egg still liquid and lay the squash blossoms over it. place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until slightly risen, golden and completely set. serve with a big mixed greens salad.
- to better enjoy this light and cheesy meal, give preference to organic produce. * you can subtitute the yellow courgette for the regular green one, the spring onion for fresh onion, the dried mint for fresh chopped mint or other herb of your choice and the fleur de sel for regular table salt.