If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from Killer Quinoa Salad on Oprah.com, with some tweaks of my own. It has become a dinner staple, even my meat and potatoes husband loves it. —riv
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- whisk or shake together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- 1 cup Red or White quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 ripe avocadoes, diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions or red onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- In a saucepan, combine quinoa, salt and cold water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Drain if necessary. Fluff with a fork and allow to cool.
- Add remaining salad ingredients to quinoa and toss with dressing to coat. Can be served room temperature or cold. Can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 day.