If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Quinoa is delicious for breakfast too! Adapted from a Budget Bytes recipe. For step-by-step photos go to: http://www.icancookthat...
Quinoa is delicious for breakfast too! Adapted from a Budget Bytes recipe. For step-by-step photos go to: http://www.icancookthat...—I Can Cook That
cup uncooked quinoa
cups apple cider
medium apple (I used Fuji)
cup dried fruit/nut mixture
- Quinoa should be rinsed before cooking. A mesh wire sieve would be best because quinoa is pretty small. If you don’t have a mesh sieve, you can kind of slosh it carefully around in a bowl. You want to run water over the quinoa in the sieve for a good 1-2 minutes.
- Add the washed quinoa, apple cider, salt, cinnamon, and allspice to a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- While waiting, chop your apple and measure out your nut/dried fruit mixture.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork and add the chopped apple and nut/dried fruit mixture. Stir to combine and serve.
- Optional: add a touch of vanilla almond milk on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe