Author Notes: Quinoa is delicious for breakfast too! Adapted from a Budget Bytes recipe. For step-by-step photos go to: http://www.icancookthat.org/2013/01/apple-cinnamon-breakfast-quinoa.html —I Can Cook That
cup uncooked quinoa
cups apple cider
medium apple (I used Fuji)
cup dried fruit/nut mixture
- Quinoa should be rinsed before cooking. A mesh wire sieve would be best because quinoa is pretty small. If you don’t have a mesh sieve, you can kind of slosh it carefully around in a bowl. You want to run water over the quinoa in the sieve for a good 1-2 minutes.
- Add the washed quinoa, apple cider, salt, cinnamon, and allspice to a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- While waiting, chop your apple and measure out your nut/dried fruit mixture.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork and add the chopped apple and nut/dried fruit mixture. Stir to combine and serve.
- Optional: add a touch of vanilla almond milk on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe