If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious left over. —Lucy Alvarez
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 15 ounces Black beans (drained and rinsed if from a can)
- 1 teaspoon Oil (olive or vegetable)
- 1 cup Corn kernels (thawed if frozen)
- 1 cup Grape tomatoes
- 1 Avocado, cut into chunks
- 3-4 Limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bring quinoa and broth to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for until all liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- In a cast iron skillet, roast corn in 1 tsp of oil over medium-high heat until slightly browned. Set aside and let cool.
- Wisk together ingredients for dressing and set aside.
- Combine black beans, corn, bell pepper, scallions, tomatoes and avocado. Gently mix into quinoa. Add dressing to taste. Serve chilled or at room temperature.