If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Even if you don’t have much left in your fridge, not too worry. As long as you have a vegetable (preferably zucchini), some eggs and pasta, you can whip up this healthy Italian meal. Oh, by the way, I assume you foodies never run out of versatile sun-dried tomatoes and a bottle of white for cooking!
Even if you are not a foodie, you should stash sun-dried tomatoes in your cupboard. The tomatoes not only add flavours to ordinary meat sauce or risotto, they could also be a big help when you prepare a simple appetizer with limited ingredients - Place sun-dried tomatoes, your favourite cheese, olives and fresh sour dough slices onto a cheese board. It’s that easy!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 medium-size zucchini
- 8-10 pieces sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 ounces orecchiette
- 2 ounces white wine
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- sea salt and black pepper
- Bring water to a boil. Add 1/2 tbsp salt and cook orecchiette until al dente (little less than the said time on the pasta package).
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the olive oil and sliced garlic and cook until the garlic turns lightly brown and fragrant. Sautee sliced zucchini followed by chopped dried tomatoes. Season with salt. Pour in white wine and cook until evaporates.
- Drain the pasta and cook with the sauteed vegetables over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the pasta onto two serving plates.
- Add vinegar to the pasta water and poach the eggs over low heat for 2- 3 min until the yolk is still runny. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well. Top the pasta with poached egg and serve immediately.