If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my burger mix. I bump up the umami just for good measure. It pays handsomely in the end. Make a build your own burger platter with lots of fresh stuff. I like Bibb lettuce, fresh cucumbers, pickles, fat slices of homegrown tomatoes, grilled red onion, cheeses of all kinds, and of course condiments like ketchup and whatnot. On a serious note, butter and grill those buns! It is the touch that makes all the difference. —thirschfeld
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Buttered buns and assorted toppings, for serving
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Using your clean hands, mix the ground beef until it is very well combined and all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Form four 6-ounce patties. I season them with a little more salt and black pepper a few minutes before I put them on the grill -- your call.
- Set up your grill. Light it and grill the burgers over medium-high heat. Once they are cooked to the temperature to which you feel comfortable and they are caramelized nicely on both sides, serve them hot.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!