Author Notes: Sangria is very much a not-recipe kind of drink -- throw things together, let them mingle, drink -- but if you need a bit more of a guide, here it is! You're free to use whatever fruit your heart desires. —Kenzi Wilbur
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 bottle of mid-range red wine
- 1/2 cup liquor (I like a mix of brandy and orange liqueur, like Triple sec -- and you're welcome to use a bit more than 1/2 cup)
- 2 peaches, sliced (or swap for something seasonal)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced (or swap for something seasonal)
- 1 lemon, scrubbed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste (optional)
- Sparkling water
- Mix the wine with the liquor, add fruit and lemon slices, and add sugar to taste. (Or leave it out entirely.) Put in the fridge for up to a day and at least a few hours.
- Fill glasses with ice, add sangria (making sure to get a piece or two of fruit in each glass), and top off with sparkling water.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!