If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A deliciously moist, dense blondie with a deep nutty texture from quinoa flour and almond butter. Smoked chocolate chips add an extra kick of flavor. Gluten free too! —Posie Harwood
Makes 1 batch
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature (scant)
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup raw turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt (generous)
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1 cup smoked chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line an 8x8 pan with parchment. Grease the parchment and sides with butter.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter and almond butter. Beat until combined, then add the eggs and sugars.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the stand mixer and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and nibs.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 22 minutes [check by sticking a knife into the middle and remove when just a few crumbs cling to the knife. You want it to be slightly underdone so they stay moist and they freeze really well this way!].
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe