If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This festive fall classic uses butternut squash, pumpkin seeds, spinach and quinoa to fill multicolored bell peppers. Use vegetable broth and omit feta for a vegan main. —bvrlybest
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1.5 cups Quinoa
- 2 each Red, yellow, green bell peppers. Tops cut off and seeded
- vegetable oil for casserole dish and outside of peppers
- salt to taste
- .5 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- In a medium heavy saucepan, bring the 3 Cups stock to a boil and add quinoa. Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is very tender. About 30 minutes. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 400. Oil the outside of the peppers and season the inside with salt and the cayenne pepper. Trim bottom of peppers so they stand up in the casserole dish Oil the casserole dish
- 2.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups butternut squash, finely diced
- 1 bunch spinach, blanched for 2 minutes, dried and chopped
- .5 cups shelled pumpkin seeds and more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 cup finely chopped thyme
- lemon juice
- .5 cups water
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Saute the onion, garlic, squash, and pumpkin seeds until they begin to get tender. Add the quinoa, spinach, and herbs and continue to sauté until blended. Add feta and mix well. Add a squeeze of lemon and Salt to taste. Fill each pepper with the stuffing mixture and top with a few crumbles of feta and a few pumpkin seeds.
- Place filled peppers in the prepared pan. Ad ½ C water or stock to pan and cover with foil. Bake 20-25 minutes until peppers are tender.