If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nothing says summer like watermelon! A nice refreshing sweet and savory soup.
This recipe is largely based on your taste. Add ingredients a little at a time until you find the right flavor for you! —okadots
- 3 pounds Watermelon (weight before cutting) cut in to chunks
- 1/2 Cucumber, peeled (leaving the peel on turns the soup a murky color)
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Jalapeño
- 3 tablespoons Good olive oil
- Put watermelon and cucumber in to a blender and purée until no large pieces remain.
- Add other ingredients a little at a time until the flavor suits your palette. Keep in mind that the jalapeño flavor will get more intense the longer you chill the soup. The amounts in this recipe are a good savory/sweet balance, but you can play with the flavor as much as you'd like!
- Chill for at least an hour before serving. Drizzle a little olive oil over the top to finish. (My favorite is the Nudo lemon olive oil)