If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my favourite things is to use up leftovers in the fridge in an interesting way. Since I eat quinoa all the time, I thought it might make a good base for a pizza. I add whatever I have in my fridge, bake it, slice it in wedges and serve. —C. Green
cup Shredded old cheddar cheese
minced garlic cloves
- Make quinoa as per instructions on package
- Add the egg whites and stir to mix
- Sauté mushrooms and cut up asparagus along with some garlic till browned
- When cooked spread quinoa into a non stick frypan (or use a bit of oil to prevent sticking)
- Sprinkle cheese layer over quinoa and then add the sautéed vegetables on top of cheese and then sprinkle the parmesan on top
- Heat the pie over a low flame till the bottom becomes fairly solid then pop into a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes till the cheese melts and the edges of the pie begin to brown (will depend on the oven for timing so keep an eye on it).
- Take the pie out of the oven and loosen the edges with a spatula - then slide the whole pie onto a plate and slice in wedges and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe